The growth of maritime transport and ship sizes brings challenges for safety and efficiency in shipping, faced by innovations in information technology and nautical solutions.
The CML brings these two aspects together in the field Sea Traffic and Nautical Solutions. Thus waterways, vessel traffic and ship handling technologies are analyzed, evaluated and optimized, thereby improving the safety and efficiency of vessel traffic.
• Use of ship handling simulators as test environments for innovative nautical technologies and processes
• Development and assessment of technologies for autonomous systems and nautical assistance systems
• Nautical safety analyses for planning approval purposes and port layout assessment
• Nautical risk analysis and maneuver optimization
• AIS-based data analyses of maritime transport and routing